||The duration of the programme will amount to 2 days spread over a period of 3 - 4 months.
|Number of Places
||200 nationwide (maximum)
||The course requires a series of laboratory tests to determine the baseline disease status of the participant's herd. Participants will be required to pay for the laboratory fees. There is no other charge.
Diease Management Planning
Testing procedures and sampling protocols
||The course involves a structured and tailored training programme to farmers based on
(1) establishing the disease profile of their herd and
(2) implementing a health management system on the farm designed to optimise the health status of the herd.
||In general, participants will be expected to be active dairy farmers or dairy farm managers.
t: 061 381505
||There are no formal eligibility criteria.
||Participants will learn how to:
1. How to create a disease profile for a dairy herd
2. Economic impact assessment of chronic diseases in a dairy herd
3. How to develop a disease management plan
4. How to assess the impact of disease management interventions.
|Methods of Assessment
||The trainer will work with each participant to ensure they are competent in developing and implementing a whole herd disease management plan.
||Trainers appointed from the XLVets Skillnet Training Panel based on demand. Please contact XLVets to enquire about the availability of a trainer in your area. Trainers for this programme are qualified and experienced veterinary surgeons.
|Location of Course
||Various. Please contact the XLVets Skillnet office to enquire.