|On Completion the trainee will :
1. Be able to identify and explain what information is needed in the production of a Brazing Procedure Specification (BPS) as required for specific contracts.
2. Be able to draw up a Brazing Procedure Specification for copper to copper joints and copper to steel joints.
3. Be able to explain and demonstrate the basic principles of brazing.
4. Be able to explain the various processes which take place during brazing.
5. Practice good housekeeping rules with regard to the environment and their own safety.
6. Be able to identify the acceptance criteria to meet the required standard and recognise in their own work where they might be weak as per the standards.
7. Braze to specification and in accordance with the PED copper to copper joints (⅝" copper to copper, ⅞" copper to copper: Level 2, 1 ⅜" copper to copper, 1 ⅝" copper to copper: Level 3)
8. Certified to EN378:2008