What are the benefits of training with a Skillnets network?
I am currently unemployed. Can I apply for funding for training?
I am currently unemployed. Can I attend training courses run by the Skillnets networks?
As a job-seeker you can attend a range of Skillnets courses at no cost
2. Relevant courses
Skillnets networks, and the courses they provide, are industry-led so you can:
- Attend courses that are needed by, and relevant to, industry
- Enhance your knowledge of current market trends in the sector/region
- Open up career progression and development paths
- Partake in accredited courses, where applicable
By training with those in employment you can:
- Create and maintain workplace links
- Improve your potential for employment through training and networking
Yes. As an unemployed individual you have 2 options:
- Under the Training Networks Programme, you can apply to networks directly to attend training courses. Find a network near you.
- The Job-seekers Support Programme (JSSP) is an initiative aimed solely at training job-seekers. Find out about the JSSP programme and participating networks.