What can Skillnets do for you?
- Do you need training to get you on the road to employment?
- Do you need specific training to help you get a job in a particular industry?
- Do you want to keep up-to-date with new technologies/trends in an industry?
- Would you like to improve your chances of getting a job by combining training courses with practical experience in the industry that you’d like to work in?
We can help.
Skillnets training courses for unemployed people are:
- Providing the skills that Irish companies are looking for – training network member companies choose the types of training courses they need for their business/industry
- Provided by over 60 training networks in a wide range of regions and sectors
- Funded by Skillnets
- Subject to eligibility criteria
* Please note that you cannot be paid any training-related allowance by a network, member company or referral agency e.g. FÁS or Local Employment Services. Referral agencies also cannot give any funding to a network on your behalf e.g. pay for courses.
If you are unemployed you have two training options:
Train with employees from Irish companies
- Training courses in skills that Irish companies want their staff to have
- Opportunity for you to make new contacts
Training and work placement
- Training courses in areas where Irish companies have skill gaps/needs
- Opportunity to get practical experience
What do you need to do
Read our eligibility criteria to see if you can attend Skillnets training courses. Then, search for a training course.
Contact the training network that is providing the course to:
- check availability
- make a booking
- confirm that you are eligible to attend
If you don’t find the exact training course that you are looking for, search for a training network in the region you live in or the sector you would like to work in.
If you have any feedback on Skillnets or any of services we/our networks provide please let us know by filling out our feedback form.